- Tony Blair, PM
- 10 Downing Street, London, SW1A 2AA
- Michael Meacher, Minister of the Environment
- Dept. of the Environment, Transport and Regions, Sanctuary
Buildings, Great Smith St London SW1P 3BT
- Frank Dobson, Minister of Health
- Dept. of Health, Richmond House, 79 Whitehall, London SW1A
- Lord Donoghue Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and
- MAFF, Whitehall Place West, London, SW1A 2HH
- To find your MP
- Call 0171 219 4272, it helps if you know your post code.
To find your MEP call 0171 227 4300
- Regulatory and Advisory Bodies
- Advisory Committee on Releases to the Environment
- Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions,
Ashdown House, 123 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6OE. Tel: 0171
890 5275/5277 Fax: 0171 890 5259. Deal with approval of
applications for deliberate release of GMOs into the environment.
- Advisory Committee on Novel Foods and Processes
- Nobel House, 17 Smith Square, London, SW1P 3PY. Tel: 0171 276
8187 Fax: 0171 276 8333. Deal with consumer and marketing
approval of GM foods.
- Local GE Campaign Groups
- Action Against Genetic Pollution (AAGP)
- c/o 3 Crawborough Villas, Charlbury, Oxfordshire, OX7 3TS.
Tel: 01608 811 057 (eves.)
- BRIGHTON GEN
- 71b Upper Lewes Road, Brighton, Sussex, BN2 3FT. Tel: 01273
- CAMBRIDGE CONCERNS
- Patrice Gladwin, 11 Heron's Close, Cambridge, CB1 4NS. Tel:
01223 570 873
- CAMPAIGN TO BAN GM FOODS
- David Colling, Campaign to Ban GM Foods, 103 University
Street, Belfast, BT7 1HP, N. Ireland.
- CONSUMERS OPPOSING GENETICS (COG)
- The Flat , 46 Kingsbury Street, Marlborough, SN8 1JE. Tel:
01672 513 950
- FIFE EF!
- c/o 91 South Street, St. Andrews, KY16 9QW. Tel: 01334 477
- M.A.G.E. (Manchester Against GE) & GM Free prisoner
- Dept. 29, 1 Newton Street, Manchester, M1 1HW. Tel/fax: 0161
- NEWCASTLE GeneNO
- P.O. Box ITA, Newcastle, NE99 1TA. Tel: 0191 261 151
- NORFOLK GENETIC CONCERN
- c/o Box EF!, The Greenhouse, 42-46 Bethel Street, Norwich,
Norfolk, NR2 1NR. Tel: 01508 531 636
- S.A.G.E. (Sheffield Against GE)
- 38, Firth Park Crescent, Firth Park, Sheffield, S5 6HE, Tel:
0114 296 7336
- SOMERSET GEN
- P.O. Box 478, Taunton, Somerset, TA2 7YR.
- SOUTHWEST AGAINST GE (SWAGE)
- c/o Kebele, 14 Robertson Road, Eastville, Bristol.
- STROUD CAMPAIGN FOR SAFE FOOD (GLOS.)
- Tel: 01453 765789
- TOTNES GE GROUP
- River House, Seymour Terrace, Bridgetown, Totnes, TQ9 5AQ,
Tel: Luke 01803 867951 .
- National and International GE Campaign Groups
- A SEED Europe
- PO Box 92066, 1090 AB Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Tel: +(31)
20 668 2236, Fax: +(31) 20 665 0166 email:
facilitates coordinated actions among groups in all parts of the
world who are addressing the global environmental and development
crisis and is currently working on a food and globalisation
- FRIENDS OF THE EARTH (FoE)
- 26-28 Underwood Street, London, N1 2PN, Tel: 0171 490 1555 or
0113 242 8153
Very active on GE within their Food and Biotech campaign with
many local groups taking action.
- GAIA FOUNDATION
- 18 Well Walk, London, NW3 1LD, Tel: 0171 435 5000, Fax: 0171
Working on the Patents Directive and biopiracy.
- GENETHICS NEWS
- PO Box 6313, London, N16 0DY. Tel: 0181 809 4513 Fax: 0181
Produces newsletter edited by geneticist David King.
- GENETIC CONCERN
- 24-26 Dame Street, Dublin 2, EIRE.Tel: 00 353 1 6705606
Fighting court case against GE crops being grown in Ireland.
- GENETIC RESOURCES ACTION NETWORK (GRAIN)
- Girona 25, Pral, E-08010 Barcelona, Spain,
Tel: +(34-) 3
301 1381, Fax: +(34-) 3 301 1627
Promotes sustainable management & use of agricultural
biodiversity based on people's control over genetic resources and
local knowledge, with a special emphasis on developing countries.
Lots of work on Patents
- GENETIX FOOD ALERT
Coalition of wholefood groups calling for the government
to implement a 3 year moratorium on the importation, growing or
use of GMOs in food and a halt to the importation and use of GE
food. You can contact the campaign coordinator on: 0141 554 7633.
- GENETIC ENGINEERING NETWORK (GEN)
- P.O. Box 9656, London, N4 4JY. Tel: 0181 374 9516
Provides information on all aspects of GE, publishes newsletter
"Genetix Update" and has an e-mail information list. If you would
like to be on the list reply to putting
'Subscribe Genetics' in the subject box. There is a very busy
list (list 1) & a less busy list (list 2) that only receives the
Genetix Update newsletter and occasional action alerts - specify
which you'd like when you subscribe.
- GENETICS FORUM
- 94 White Lion Street, London, N1 9PF. Tel: 0171 837 9229
Committed to the socially responsible use of the new gene
technologies. Publishes magazine "Splice of Life".
- GENE WATCH
- 5 Post Office Row, Litton, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 8QS.
Tel/Fax: 01298 871558.
Write briefings on GE, particularly around policy issues.
- GREEN PARTY
- The Green Party, 1A Waterlow Road, London, N19 5NJ
Calling for GM free school dinners. For leaflets and info. send
- Canonbury Villas, Islington, London, N1 2PN. Tel: 0171 865
Commissions reports as well as direct action on GE.
- NATIONWIDE FOOD SURVEY
- Beacon House, Willow Walk, Skelmersdale, Lancashire, WN8 6UP.
Fax 01695 503306.
Booklet listing GE free foods.
- NATURAL LAW PARTY
- Mentmore Towers, Mentmore, Bucks.LU7 0QH. Fax: 01296
Very active with many active local groups also.
- SOIL ASSOCIATION
- 40-56 Victoria Street, Bristol, BS1 6BY, Tel: 0117 929 0661,
Fax: 0117 925 2504
farming and has lists of local organic box delivery schemes for a
GE free diet
- WOMENS ENVIRONMENTAL NETWORK (WEN)
- 87 Worship Street, London, EC2A 2BE, Tel. 0171 247 3327 Fax:
0171 247 4740.
Campaigning on GE, produces useful briefing sheets on setting up
local campaigns and ideas for action